9 August 2013

beachy bracelet



I made this bracelet with a special person in mind who is about to move to a house by the sea. The turquoise beads emulate the blue sea and the mother of pearl coins represent white sand... I have added some sterling silver beads for that sparkle you get when the sun catches on the waves :) As always the gems are genuine and high quality (grade A) and I have used sterling silver throughout, including silver plated beading wire.

I hope she will like it :)



Turquoise and Mother of Pearl attributes and healing properties:

Turquoise symbolises serenity and wisdom. It provides protection and strength as well as balance. Turquoise also promotes positive thinking. Turquoise is the birthstone for December.

Mother of Pearl provides protection and relief from stress. Mother of Pearl harnesses the gentle healing power of the sea and soothes our emotions, allowing them to become more balanced. Mother of Pearl is a first anniversary gemstone.



Lucy x

10 comments:

  1. I love the mother of pearl coins, they're so shiny. It's really interesting to read about the healing properties of the gems too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy :) Yes, I love wearing gemstone jewellery because it makes me feel protected and balanced somehow.

      Delete
  2. A lovely combination :)
    I didn't know that mother of pearl supposedly relieves stress but I have always found it a peaceful, calming thing to look at

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yes, i find mother of pearl very peaceful, as well as pearls themselves...

      Delete
  3. what a great gift! I like that idea of representing some concepts and ideas through various types of beads
    I just love turquoise - it always gives me an association with water and summer, beach and the sun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh that's a beautiful bracelet :-) Turquoise is one of my favourite stones (and colours) and it's interesting to read about the healing properties! Simmi xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...